PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.19.2012

All About Audrey

Who doesn't love Audrey Hepburn? I know there have been a ton of blog posts about Audrey and her iconic style, but that's the one great thing about Audrey: you can never get enough! (kind of like Sugar Crisp, only WAY better). She is amazing for her classic sense of style, beauty and grace, and for her admirable philanthropic achievements. They just don't make them like this in Hollywood anymore folks!

Audrey is also a humble homebody, reportedly saying "I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel".
What better way to celebrate this quote than to explore some simple ways to incorporate a little Audrey into our own spaces to refuel:


1) Audrey Hepburn artwork:
I have three pieces of art work/prints of Audrey Hepburn hanging in my bedroom. Audrey prints can be found all over the place, including poster stores and IKEA.

^^Here is my desk area with pops of hot pink in these Audrey Hepburn canvases given to me by my brother for Christmas a few years ago.

^^ There she is again beside my closet and above my make-up storage area. This is a seriously glamorous shot of my style idol that my mom picked up for me from a street vendor in New York City. It inspires me when I'm picking out my outfits and getting pretty. Here's a pic of me channeling my inner Audrey:

Okay okay, you caught me! This was for Halloween back in my first year of university! (You can notice that behind me I had a gigantic Breakfast at Tiffany's poster decorating the cinder block walls of my dorm room).
While we're on the topic I might as well show you my pumpkin from this past Halloween as well:


Alright you get the idea...I'm a big fan. Now back to decor!

via
2) As the star of the film, Audrey Hepburn has become synonymous with  Breakfast at Tiffany's. As a decor idea, why not try to incorporate some Tiffany Blue either through paint or fabric!

via House Beautiful

via
via
3) And my third design tip (and probably the most unrealistic) is a clawfoot bathtub turned into a couch! Ha! Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's has one in her apartment, so why shouldn't we? I guess I would also settle for a clawfoot bathtub, you know, the kind you take an actual bath in.

via

via THIS Etsy seller

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles" 
- Audrey Hepburn
Get the wall decal here!
Don't you just love her?!
Tiffany Leigh

0 comments: