PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.23.2012

DIY Print Art

If you're looking for an inexpensive art solution, then this is perfect for you! I made the above prints simply using some wallpaper and frames.

It's as easy as three simple steps:

STEP ONE:
Visit your local wallpaper store and ask for some samples of high end, beautiful wall paper that you think might work in your space.This will be your print...and the best part is that it is absolutely free!
I loved the demask print in the bottom left, but decided to go with the branch pattern in black and white, as well as white and purple. Plum is the accent colour in my bathroom (which is the room I was planning to hang these in), so I liked the idea of using the same print in two different colours, and my shower curtain has similar branches on it.

STEP TWO:
Buy some nice frames, make sure it has a nice matte to give the print a polished look. I went to my local Walmart and picked up these silver frames for around 20 dollars each. I liked them because they had a white matte and a smaller silver matte in the middle. Frame the wallpaper (you can use the matte to crop the image exactly where you'd like it). You can crop three different areas of the same wall paper to make each frame different, but unified and cohesive.

STEP THREE:
Hang your art! Hang your frames in whatever way you want! I chose to hang all 3 in a level row, in the pattern of black branch, purple branch, black branch. Do whatever suits your room and your style.


Hope you enjoyed this easy DIY! Let me know if you give it a try. xox
Tiffany Leigh

3 comments:

Dana Gastelum said...[Reply]

It looks great!! Love the detail in those frames too! :)

Sophie said...[Reply]

wow this is amazing. it looks incredible.

im a new following :) x

Sophie said...[Reply]

I mean... I'm a new follower haha x