PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.02.2012

Interior Inspiration: Toronto Maple Leafs


My boyfriend and I are huge Toronto Maple Leaf fans. We recently went to a game at the Air Canada Centre and witnessed a big win! It was definitely a memorable trip and one of the highlights of my winter break!
My boyfriend and I at the ACC
While I think that going overboard decorating with sports memorabilia can come out looking either tacky or like a man cave, I wanted to show how you can incorporate hints of your favourite team in your interior decor to inject your own personality into a room (and perhaps keep the man of the house happy). There's a saying that Leafs fans bleed blue and white, so here are some of my favourite blue and white decor ideas!

Even if you're not a Leafs fan, decorating in dark blue and white can be an appealing option! It's appropriate for both males and females, can give a nautical/sea inspired look, and most importantly is crisp and fresh. Blue is also considered a modern neutral, so you can still inject pops of other colors without clashing!



Image via House Beautiful

Image via House Beautiful



Image via Dig Home Design

Image via  Love Design Barbados
Image via Design Heaven
Are you REALLY daring? Go blue with your kitchen cabinets! Image via Delight by Design
 While the dark blue walls in the second last picture might be too moody for my taste, I think it could certainly work in the right space and for the right client! But I do love the idea of a navy sofa. And surely even the least adventurous couldn't object to a blue and white accent pillow, window treatment, or accessory!
MUST HAVE this beautiful ikat pillow from this vendor on Etsy

I love these striped mugs from West Elm
and this beautiful Scott Lifshutz feather print also from West Elm


Would you consider using this colour scheme in one of your spaces? What are the colours of YOUR favourite team. No Leafs chirps please! GO LEAFS GO


Love always, Tiffany Leigh

2 comments:

Amanda said...[Reply]

Love all of these looks, but I can't say that I would decorate my house inspired by the Maple Leafs...especially since I'm a New York RANGERS fan!!! Can we still be friends? :)

TheSwankyEsty.blogspot.com said...[Reply]

I love this blue with white. I want an all white room, so I can add any accent color and or change it up from time to time. xxoo