PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.04.2012

A Well Placed Blanket

A well placed blanket or textile can really make a room. Don't believe me? Take a look at the following examples, which, in my opinion, wouldn't be nearly as effective without the blankets used.

via design*sponge
^^ An neutral upholstered headboard is given a unique look by draping a simple textile over the center. It adds an eclectic flare that can be easily changed up when the  mood suits.

via design*sponge

^^ This Navajo print in a washed out pallet compliments the soft greys of the couch, and the native character of the blanket partners well with the natural wooden accessories on the coffee table.

original source unknown
^^ Okay, okay, you caught me! I just used this picture in my first Favourite Furniture Friday's entry on the Eames Lounge. While the chair is, as I emphasized in the previous post, iconic and breathtaking, the room really pops because of the modern and bright Mexican serape draped on the lounger. I love it.

So, if you look around a room in your house and feel it needs a little bit more life, consider investing in a new blanket or textile with a great colour or pattern. It's an inexpensive way to change the look of your decor!
-Tiffany Leigh

1 comments:

Michelle said...[Reply]

I love all of these!