PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.24.2012

Halloween at Tiffany's - Holly Golightly Costume and Pumpkin

Halloween is fast approaching and I'm sad to say that this year I will not be dressing up.
I'm currently so busy with school, as well as having been hired on to work as a cashier at a two week pop up sale, that I just don't have the time for Halloween parties this year.

Instead, I wanted to share with you my favourite Halloween costume and pumpkin that I have ever done!
Y'all know I'm a bit obsessed with Audrey Hepburn, my idol, so in my first year of University when I was living on residence (can't believe that was 4 years ago already), I decided to dress up as Holly Golightly:
I seriously loved this costume more than anything. Believe it or not I was the only girl I saw in rez dressed up as Holly Golightly.. most chose to go the 'less clothing' route. And yes, I am holding a grilled cheese sandwich. The all night caf was truly a life saver sometimes!

Then, the following year I got all-audrey'd out with my pumpkin carving skills.
I've been seeing lots of pics of painting pumpkins this year. Love the look, but in my opinion nothing beats a handful of cold pumpkin guts. Just me or...?
 ^Photo op before changing into 'it's okay if they get messy' clothes. I drew the picture free hand from a similar image I saw on the internet.
All carved up! We still have that floral wallpaper in the powder room at my parents house. I kind of love it in a weird way. And yes, I cheated with the tiara. I purchased it at the dollar store and went all 'Mean Girls Homecoming Scene' breaking off bits until it fit.
 All lit up!
And that, my friends, is how you do Halloween at Tiffany's.
Are you dressing up this Halloween? As what?!
xox
Photobucket

13 comments:

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...[Reply]

You make the perfect Audrey Hepburn!!!!! I must watch Breakfast at Tiffany's ASAP!!

Xo -L
Simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

Hannah said...[Reply]

Soooooo stinking cute! And such a classy costume for a freshman at university! Mine were always skirting the line of inappropriate :/ oops.

Kristen said...[Reply]

What an adorable costume!! Def remembering this one. Not dressing up with year, plan to have a mellow night passing out candy to all my new neighbors. Lola will def be sporting her bumble bee costume though!

srldesign said...[Reply]

Love Audrey...and that pumpkin, so cute! :)

Taylor Morgan said...[Reply]

that pumpkin is amazing!! every halloween I wish I was a kid again so I could dress up and go door to door getting free candy lol. Hope all is well love!

Love from NYC,

Taylor

taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

15% off Taylor Morgan Jewelry Today, Free Shipping

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...[Reply]

You look so cute! And that pumpkin is adorable, love it!

allergic to vanilla said...[Reply]

love, love, love- it's all too good! I've always wanted to do the Audrey for Halloween. You pulled it off perfectly!

xo Carlina
www.AllergicToVanilla.com

Elizabeth Burns said...[Reply]

Love both! I am slightly obsessed with Audrey as well... I thought about going as her for Halloween, but finding a classic black dress this late in the game may prove to be a challenge. :)

Natalie said...[Reply]

I love, love your costume! And the crown on the pumpkin is genius -- chicest pumpkin ever!

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...[Reply]

Oh my gosh! You are so cute, Tiff! This look is amazing and I'm also digging the grilled cheese sandwich. I live in San Diego... way too close to good Mexican good! Midnight burritos after some cocktails is my life saver!! OMG and that pumpkin! Too cute!

xx

Holly Foxen Wells

GlamourMash

Sita said...[Reply]

You make a darling Audrey! That pumpkin...I am amazed at your skills!! So awesome!

Albertina || MimosaLane said...[Reply]

OMG you look adorable in your costume!! and I love the pumpkin!!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...[Reply]

OMG you look adorable!! I am going as Holly this year and you just gave me the best inspiration. Hopefully I look as good as you. :)