PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.17.2012

Seeing {Dalmation} Spots - Interiors Edition

Hi loves!
As you all know from yesterday's post on my recent purchases, I am now the proud owner of this dress from H&M (which I can't seem to find on the site anymore, but can assure you is still on the shelves!):
I've been seeing dalmatian spots a lot in fashion lately - on loafers, peplums and even pants.
But, darlings, we know that fashion and interiors are like a couple of besties who share a closet.
What one does, the other is sure to be doing.

Case and Point:
Tiffany Richey via La Dolce Vita
^We've all seen it, we all love it. Endlessly.
After purchasing my dress, I almost returned it thinking 'Can I really pull off a full dress of dalmatian spots?' But then I remembered the fabulousness of this ENTIRE ROOM done in a wallpaper of the print and decided that yes, yes I can.

Caitlin Wilson via Design*Sponge
^ Next, we all drooled when we saw Caitlin Wilson's kitchen on Design*Sponge featuring these gorgeous dalmatian print chairs. Then we all gasped when we realized that they were $50 IKEA chairs done up with a Sharpie marker! You can read the more detailed post about this on LGN.

via Inside-Out Design
^ I also can't get enough of Brooke's DIY spotted lamp shade!
Ohhh the possibilities are endless. A tray, a vase, dishware, the list of DIY possibilities goes on and on.

design crisis via Small Shop
^If you are not much of a DIYer, you can always buy the fabric. I love this dalmatian upholstered tub chair. It's perfect for a kid's room!


Such a fun pattern! Maybe Cruella Da Ville knew a thing or two... but then again, her hair style suggests that she probably didn't. And I mean, lets go faux (or Sharpie) with this one folks. No skinning puppies please. Evil Cruella could have saved herself a whole lot of jail time if she's been as DIY savvy as some of these ladies!
xox
Photobucket

17 comments:

Taylor Morgan said...[Reply]

love your blog! it is so cute!! stay in touch :)

xo,

Taylor

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

You can totally pull it off girlfriend! Work it :)

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...[Reply]

I love your dress, and I'm loving the Dalmatian spots in interiors. That first picture is so pretty!

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...[Reply]

haha I like your tidbit about Miss Cruella Da Ville! She was the scariest Disney Villian to me! How canyou not like puppies! I love this trend and pinned that exact top image a few days ago! It's such a lovely pattern. I would love to work it into my own home somehow. Maybe a rug or go all the way with the wallpaper idea. hmmm

xx
Holly Foxen Wells
GlamourMash

Anonymous said...[Reply]

You can totally rock that dress, Tiff! and the interiors with Dalmatian spots just make it all 10x's better! Love that idea of the sharpie chairs!! I just think I'd mess up and then be screwed! Anyway, happy day!

STARDUST said...[Reply]

Those Dalmatian spots are such a fun addition!

Unknown said...[Reply]

love the dots. H&M has some surprising up to the minute styles! I keep forgetting to look there.
Love these pictures!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Brooke said...[Reply]

i am totally lusting after all of these images - that wallpaper has been on my radar for quite some time. obsessed. i love your blog - i'm your newest follower! hope you'll visit my blog, and follow back if you enjoy it as well! xo

brooke
www.decorgreat.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...[Reply]

i got a pair of snow leopard pants and i call them my interior design pants because i love the pattern so much. and i'm loving the dalmatian spots in interiors... big fan of your blog!

allergic to vanilla said...[Reply]

How could you not pull off a dress full of Dalmatian spots? I'm pretty sure with your interior design fashion sense, it'll be brilliant on you!

xo Carlina
www.AllergicToVanilla.com

Ann said...[Reply]

It definitely adds a touch of glam in those spaces... love it.
And in fashion,
those dalmatian spots are fab.

How2home said...[Reply]

These photos are beautiful! Love the gold book case against the Dalmatian wallpaper!

Unknown said...[Reply]

I'm hooked on this pattern too! I did a quick painting on a blank white canvas but haven't put it up yet. Planning on doing this to a pumpkin this weekend!

Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...[Reply]

I totally love dalmation spots! I found such cute Steve Madden Loafers with them! I am in love!!

xox www.showeredwithdesign.blogspot.com

livlovelaugh said...[Reply]

u have such a lovely blog~

-liv
http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

Albertina || Mimosa Lane said...[Reply]

beautiful dress!! I'm loving the dalmatian trend as well!

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...[Reply]

I'm dying over your new dress!!! You have to post a pic of yourself in it! Thank you so much for including my lamp in this amazing list!! :D