PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.01.2012

Golden Quirk

They say that laughter is golden.
Well, I happen to think that the following gold details add just a dash of humor to these spaces, and I love that! Design is fun, not stuffy and boring, people.
via Rue Mag
 Fell in love with Cassandra Lavalle's 'holla' sign back in the May issue of Rue.
It's available at Oh Dier for only $42!

via the glitter guide
Adored Catherine Sheppard's little golden dinos (and the story behind them). Such a fun, unexpected element to her gorgeously girly space.

via luella & june
This little piggy bank makes me giggle every time!

via Sadie and Stella
Update: Can't believe I forgot to include these adorably funny golden balloon animals from Holly of Glamourmash's lovely little lot! They are so cute. She purchased these from Urban Outfitters for $3 and spray painted them gold!


And of course my own little gold skull! He keeps my room for being too serious. (DIY here)

Do you have any quirky elements in your home that make you smile?
On another note, Halloween is done so I can officially start playing Christmas music!
Who's with me?!
xox
Photobucket

16 comments:

http://www.facebook.com/Ogradyslandscape said...[Reply]

What a great post. I’m emailing this to my friends.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

Totally agree - the more fun in a room the better. :)

charmaine said...[Reply]

Love gold and quirky rooms!

Natalie said...[Reply]

I love that gold piggy -- on my wish list!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...[Reply]

Yes, I love me a little gold! I have a growing collection of brass animals that I'm worried may get a little out of control! Hope you're having a great week, Tiffany!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Hannah said...[Reply]

The gold piggy is on my wish list too! Love it. And as far as Christmas music goes... I'm such a party pooper I hhhhhate Christmas music. I think it's all the years of working in retail with the Christmas cds on repeat 8 hours a day. Haha!

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...[Reply]

I adore gold!! I'm obsessed with the little gold animals too. Perfect topper for coffee table books. Saw a great DIY for gold animals on Pinterest and can't wait to try!

Xo-L
simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

Unknown said...[Reply]

This is a great post- love the "holla" sign. Might have to purchase that one!

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...[Reply]

This is so fun! I I love that holla sign, so cute!

Kristen said...[Reply]

Love unexpected quirks. Makes a space feel more approachable and personal. I'm super obsessed with gold accents lately too.

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...[Reply]

Love them all! Fun is my style too - I think I could totally pull off that Holla sign around here... ;)
Love it!

Tim said...[Reply]

Loving the gold accent ... your inspirational pics are awesome! Loving your pillows on the sofa as well Tiffany!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...[Reply]

I love these fun details- especially the sparkly pig!

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...[Reply]

Totally agree with you doll! I had an iphone case that said Holla-- it's just such a silly word and makes me smile... considering a DIY similar to the hanging holla sign!!!


xx

Holly Foxen Wells

GlamourMash

Emily said...[Reply]

I love gold details! Everything in these photos are gorgeous!

Emily
www.prettyshinymine.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Love all these little accessories! I'm dying for the golden piggy bank! I'm a sucker for accessories like all of these and it can get ugly (for my bank account!) xo