PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.05.2014

A Bust is a Must

I am so excited that the spring weather is finally kicking in because it means its time for one of my favourite things: Outdoor Antique Markets. Oh there is just something about a good day at the flea market with my best friend that is pretty hard to top.

I have a few items on my list that I will be keeping an eye out for at the fleas this summer. One of them is a bust. I think busts add a feeling of timelessness and elegance to a space, as well as a hint of the strange and unexpected that every room needs.
via Lonny
via Christine Dovey
Michelle Adams via Domino
via Lonny
via Domino
via Domaine
 M. said no to me getting a bust, but I'm ignoring that. I think his Brixton fedora would look just perfect perched on top of an importantly moustached bust.
xox
Photobucket

14 comments:

Jackie said...[Reply]

I LOVE busts! Seriously, my love for them cannot be overstated. If you find a gorgeous vintage one, you must get it...your boyfriend will understand! :)

Live-Style20 said...[Reply]

nice pics!! ; ]

xoxo

new post

www.live-style20.blogspot.com

Kristen said...[Reply]

I've wanted a bust for a long time too! Love the elegance they bring to a space. Good luck on your hunt!

Kristen said...[Reply]

I've wanted a bust for a long time too! Love the elegance they bring to a space. Good luck on your hunt!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...[Reply]

LOVE....LOVE...Busts! Can't wait to display one when I get my wall unit constructed.

Amanda said...[Reply]

I agree! My favorite spot for him is in the fireplace :) Can't wait to see your awesome flea market finds this summer!

hammerandheels.blogspot.com

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...[Reply]

I'm with you and I have one! love mine. she is soooo cool love to hang jewelry on her too

Darci Towns said...[Reply]

Definitely one of my favorite reasons for spring as well! And I very recently found a bust and am absolutely in love with her (I may even want more)! Good luck finding yours :)

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...[Reply]

Yes a bust is a must!! I have had one too for years and it keeps showing up here and there ;) Need to find it a spot again. They are timeless.

Unknown said...[Reply]

I totally regret not buying a bust I found at a thrift store months ago...Im hoping to find one at a flea market this summer :)

Vanessa@decor happy said...[Reply]

I'll have to fight you for one if I ever see you at Aberfoyle or Christie's! :)

Lesley Metcalfe said...[Reply]

I love busts! I especially love the various ways that people decorate them. I have a couple that I haven't found a place for in my house yet, and in fact one is still in storage at my mum's house.
Let's hit up the Aberfoyle antique market together this summer, I'll help you hunt!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

Agreed! Busts are always a good idea.

Unknown said...[Reply]

My husband would not have it, lol. But they are a must!