PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.13.2015

New Apartment Part 1: The BEFORE pics & tour

Hi loves! 
If you follow me on instagram, then you know that my apartment is no longer empty and that I'm settling in quite nicely, but I wanted to share some quick snaps of the place before I had all my things moved in, and before I painted every wall, ceiling, trim, door, etc. to give a full idea of what it looked like in the beginning. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the walls were a light tan colour and the trim was a yellowy-cream.

^ This picture really captures all of the main things that made me fall in love with this place. The original hardwood floors (with that lovely inlay detail around the hearth), a gorgeous fireplace and mantle, picture frame mouldings, big baseboards and crown mouldings, and high ceilings. The space also has really great natural light.


 ^ Here is another view of the family room with a peek into the dining nook. Some of my furniture is sneaking its way in by this point. Here you can see the charm of the rads, and more moulding details. There is a big spot on the original wood floors, but luckily my area rug covers it now. This also gives you a better idea of the dingy wall and ceiling colour. The small kitchen is behind the wall to the right of the photo.


^You can see the front door and front closet in this picture. Off that hallway is my bedroom and the bathroom. I love the big opening that leads from the hall to the main living space! I need a solution for the ceiling fan...


^Another look at the hall with a sneak peek into the bedroom.

^The bedroom, which is surprisingly big! Sadly I had to sleep on the sofa for 5 nights until my new mattress got delivered. Well worth it to have a queen bed though!

^Good news! The closet is a great size! Not as big as the lovely walk-in at my old studio apartment, but still a huge amount of storage (there is a big shelf on the left side that you can't really see here) and nicely set up with a closet organizer.

^The remainder of the hall. 2 small storage closets on the right and a door to the washroom at the end.

^My sweet little washroom with amazing floor tile. I apologize that the toilet lid is up. I was also testing some wall colours by this point.

^The dining nook, which is a great size. It's open to the kitchen. M. was filming a cover video here that day, which explains all of the music gear. You can check it out on his youtube channel here.


^ Okay yes, my kitchen has terrible purple tile floors and backsplash..but other than that it is really great. I love the appliances, (and there is a dishwasher!!! Major bonus), there is tonnes of storage and a nice window. I'd love to replace at least the backsplash...I'd only need about 20 sq.ft. and I don't think it would be too hard. Ideally I would do the floor as well, but that seems like a big job and I'm not sure my landlord would go for it. Maybe a nice little kilim rug in here instead? Does anyone have any advice on rental kitchens?

^This is the last shot before getting to work painting (it took about 5 days to paint pretty much every paintable surface). 

Hopefully from these pics you can see what I saw when I first looked at the space: Serious Potential.
I can't wait to show you the progress I've made already! Stay Tuned.

xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...[Reply]

Fabulous space. I can't wait to see the magic you will do!!!
xo
Patty

Unknown said...[Reply]

congratulations!!! So much more space! you will love it and turn it into a dream. Great bones :) xo Nancy

Julia Ryan said...[Reply]

gorgeous space!!!

Unknown said...[Reply]

Great Space Tiffany!!

I used two products in my rental that aren't permanent so it shouldn't be a problem with your landlord.

The first is Smart tiles. I used them on the tiles in my bathroom makeover http://chillinwithtash.com/2012/08/31/diy-bathroom-part-two/

The next product I used on my floors it's called trafficmaster Allure plank and tile flooring http://chillinwithtash.com/2012/09/06/diy-bathroom-makeover-part-three/

You can get both items at Home Depot.

Tashieka

Unknown said...[Reply]

Yay! I've been anxiously waiting to see more pics of your new apartment :) It's so beautiful! I can't get over that molding, the hardwood floors, and the old doorknobs... <3

- Anna (www.annaeleeinteriordesign.com)

Unknown said...[Reply]

What a beautiful space!! How did you get so lucky in Toronto? I'm curious as to what area this is in. Davisville?

Naomi Walters said...[Reply]

It's a lovely space, and I love how the fireplace area looks charmingly quaint. I can see why you'd want to work on it though. Ultimately, we all need to spice up our homes much more to our preference. Anyway, I honestly can't wait to see what you have in store for us, Tiffany. Keep us posted and all the best to you! :)

Naomi Walters @ Chicora

Unknown said...[Reply]

Awesome Post.
Really its looking so beautiful.
Thank your for sharing new design and informative information.
Shop Interior Designers

Unknown said...[Reply]

Thank you for sharing the post.kindly visit us @ Industrial Packing materials in madurai @ +91 99421 39245

Unknown said...[Reply]

Great info. I will bookmark your blog and follow your future content. So I adhere to this site for collecting some important and useful article for post and sharing with some of my friends.


Student accommodation in Preston | Student accommodation close to UCLAN
Warehouse apartments

Emy Watson said...[Reply]

Why do you use an interior designer?
室內設計

Akshay raseotech said...[Reply]

Nice blog on interior design.

Unknown said...[Reply]

I really enjoyed while reading this awesome blog. Keep me more updates.
Interior Design in Essex

EdenLA Furniture & Interiors said...[Reply]

today i see lots of interior design photos that all are so good to know and see about them...you did good work on your post

Interior Designers Manhattan Beach

Thanks for this...

Unknown said...[Reply]

Your new home looks amazing, and I can see why you love it so much. I think an area rug on the kitchen floor is a great idea. You can find the rugs in various sizes, so you may be able to cover a good portion of the floor. If you cannot change the backsplash, maybe you can use removable wallpaper or peel and stick tiles instead.

Ronnie Hogan @ Sycamore Terrace Temecula