PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.10.2017

Beauti-Tone Colour of the Year - You Look Mauvelous



The guest bedroom at my parent's house was in sad need of a facelift. This room was actually my childhood bedroom, and it still had the same bright yellow walls, purple border and matching bedding that I picked out in sixth grade (I've come a long way). On top of that, it had become the 'catch all' space for old Christmas decor, old furniture, and some plain old junk.

When Home Hardware approached me to try out their new Beauti-Tone colour of the year 'You Look Mauvelous', I was a bit hesitant, because as we all know, I am a white walls kind of girl. About as adventurous I like to go is a shade or two off from white. But my parents love colour so I knew this was the perfect opportunity to push myself outside of my comfort limits. I have to say, it is a gorgeous shade- a mauve tempered with enough grey to not be offensive. It looks particularly good against brass, so we accented the room with small brass details.


A sweet little white and gold starburst mirror over the bed frame adds height and whimsy.



For the accent pillows, we loved this sweet mauve floral fabric that I had left over from another project. From here, we pulled the teal blue hues to make the scheme more dynamic and lively. This throw by Sarah Richardson Design worked perfectly and added some necessary texture. 


 I think that the guest room is such a great space to use a bolder hue, because it is not a room that you see all the time and it offers a nice departure from the usual for any guest staying over.

Oh, and in case you are curious about the 'before' (who doesn't love a dramatic transformation?!):

A big thank you to Home Hardware and Beauti-Tone paints for sponsoring this post and for their lovely new colour of the year! It really is Mauvelous.

xox Tiffany

6 comments:

Unknown said...[Reply]

I love the colour!! A pretty choice with all the decorations and bedding.

Anonymous said...[Reply]

It looks mauvelous - thanks for sharing your colour ideas with us!

essay best said...[Reply]

I am in awe. Loving the colours and thank you for sharing this with us. I will surely be following you for more after going through this post. Well done.

Alien said...[Reply]

I have been through the whole post and it seems quite interesting to me. I like the whole look with the white texture. I would like to use the large Aluminum door handles so that I can easily enhance the overall look as I had already purchased them and I need them to match the whole theme.

vinothika said...[Reply]

The blog is very different and useful. The way of writing makes it more interesting.

Selenium Training in Chennai

Unknown said...[Reply]

Amazing! its very informative post. Thanks for sharing.


Best Interior Designer in Delhi
Office Interior Designer in Delhi
Retail Interior Designer in kolkata
Mall and multiplex interior designer in Delhi
Home Interior Designers in Delhi