PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.23.2016

Project Northlake: Kitchen Reno - Before Pictures

I'm excited to announce that I'm working with some clients very near and dear to my heart on a kitchen reno...my parents! My parents still live in the house I was born in, so it's been very different taking on a project that will change a room where so many fond personal memories have been made, but it is definitely time for an update.

Today I'm sharing the 'befores' with all of you, so the blog is about to get decidedly less cute! The honey oak cabinets made the space feel dated so we are replacing with solid maple cabinets painted white. We are more or less keeping the current layout as it works well, but we are upgrading finishes throughout to include hardwood floors, quartz countertops and marble backsplash. 


We are removing the railing separating the kitchen from the family room to open up the feeling of space.
The bulkhead is also coming down to make weigh for 42" uppers and a nice chunky crown molding.
As a cost savings, we are keeping the existing fridge and stove, which are in good condition. Plus, my mom is not a fan of stainless steel!


The pantry will be moving to the end of the run of cabinets.

I can't wait to share the afters with all of you, it's going to be a huge transformation. The plan is to really lighten, brighten, and modernize the space, create additional function and storage, and add value to the house. I'm so happy for my parents - they really deserve this!

Photobucket


18 comments:

Unknown said...[Reply]

Can't wait to follow along!!

Lesley Metcalfe said...[Reply]

Can't wait to see how this project progresses! I like your plan. Your parents' kitchen is in good hands. I'm with your mom – I'm not a fan of stainless steel appliances either!

Unknown said...[Reply]

I am looking forward to seeing the transformation! x

Unknown said...[Reply]

Lots of potential and easy fixes like painting the cabinets. Can't wait to see what you do with the space.

Corbin
Blue Door Living

Unknown said...[Reply]

So Exciting can't wait to see !
xo
Mimi
www.serialindulgence.com

Jackie said...[Reply]

So excited to follow along on the transformation!

steward said...[Reply]

Thanks for this nice and attractive interior design,
Teenage Bedroom Ideas

Unknown said...[Reply]

Really Nice gave me lot of idea Linked My Site Below Famous interior designers in bangalore | interior design solutions in Bangaloresome cool Ideas for Interior Design

steward said...[Reply]

it's looking really very nice,
http://www.floridalivingquarters.com

Jhon Marshal said...[Reply]

Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.
Best Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling in Los angeles

Summerhaus said...[Reply]

Thank you for sharing such useful information. Summerhaus

Jhon Marshal said...[Reply]

Thank you for the helpful post. I found your blog with Google and I will start following. Hope to see new blogs soon.
exhibition booth

Unknown said...[Reply]

Nice to read this article will be very helpful in the future, share more info with us. Good job!

salome sirens

Unknown said...[Reply]

CIRCL is an amazing site for rental property. Discover your home or lofts for lease from a large number of houses and condo recorded on Circl.

Unknown said...[Reply]

Nice blog. I was planning to redesign my home, got some good ideas. I have used artificial plants and trees inside my room. Its hassle free and also looks good.

Unknown said...[Reply]

Short term apartment rentals are an awesome approach to have your own space during expanded remains in Toronto.

Unknown said...[Reply]
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...[Reply]

interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you

Turnkey Office Interior Services