PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3.31.2014

My Matchbox Display

My matchbooks from Waiting on Martha (that I posted about here) came awhile ago and I love them! The only problem was I didn't really know where or how to display them, and ended up hiding them in a drawer, which is a huge shame given how adorable they are! Then the other day I was thrifting at Value Village and a pretty pink depression glass bowl caught my eye from a distance. When I got close, I realized it was actually an ashtray and I thought 'what a clever, witty little holder for my matches this would be!'. At $3, this baby came home with me and is making me happy every day!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

What a good use for an ashtray. Those are probably becoming rare these days!

Jo-Anna@APrettyLife said...[Reply]

What a pretty display! It's funny how we never see ashtrays anymore in homes, but I'm loving how you used yours...it looks like art!

Unknown said...[Reply]

Love the color, Tiffany! I've never seen an ashtray this color, nice find!

Amanda said...[Reply]

Amazing thrift find!!!! Ahh I want it :)

hammerandheels.blogspot.com

Tiainspace said...[Reply]

Pretty! Funny that match boxes can be so cute, but those dots are great!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...[Reply]

I love those matches since the first time I saw them on your blog. I wish I could put them on my coffee table but the parent in me says NO lol. I don't even want to think about what my kids could do with them, yikes

Vanessa said...[Reply]

Super cute idea! I loooove pink depression glass!

Vanessa@decor happy said...[Reply]

Great idea Tiffany. I love how you repurposed the ash tray and the matches are adorable.

Lobster Meets Peach said...[Reply]

What a wonderful way to repurpose an ashtray! Very clever!!!

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Pretty, Tiffany! Great shots, too. You have a good eye!!