PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.08.2012

Oktoberfest & Thanksgiving

I did up this quick doodle to wish you all a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving and Oktoberfest!
For those of you who don't know what Oktoberfest is, well, let me fill you in.
Oktoberfest is a huge German festival and is actually the world's largest fair.
In my hometown of Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, we host a nine day Oktoberfest, the second largest Oktoberfest in the world!
It's basically an excuse to put on some funny hats, dirndls and lederhosen, do the polka, the chicken dance, and drink lots of beer.
I've only got a hat, so I paired it with a black peplum top and some dark skinnies and had myself a great time!
Yesterday was spent with my family celebrating Thanksgiving with a delicious meal.

I'm thankful to have a loving family who would do anything for me, for a boyfriend who supports all of my decisions (even when it means more long distance for us) and for the ability to follow my dreams. Not everyone has the chance, and I do not take it for granted. God Bless all of you today and every day!

What are you thankful for lately?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...[Reply]

Sounds like so much fun! I actually didn't know what Oktoberfest was all about so this was pretty interesting. Hope you had a blast!

Applewood Road said...[Reply]

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...[Reply]

Ah you are so cute in that hat! I wish I was there! Had no idea Oktoberfest extended to Canada in such a big way - sounds like a tonne of fun.
And totally with you on the supportive-partner thing... it blows my mind how much I can accomplish with someone who lets me do my thing and even forces himself to get enthusiastic about it! hehe :)

Vett Vandiver said...[Reply]

great blog- love it! <3

Emily | Recently said...[Reply]

I love your list of what you're thankful for! It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday and your outfit is adorable. :)