PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.19.2013

Favourite Furniture Fridays: The Green Room Interiors

 I'm thrilled to have talented designer Kim from The Green Room Interiors here today sharing her favourite piece of furniture. Did you guys see her reveal for the One Room Challenge? Seriously good stuff. And her fave piece? Well...get ready to be jealous ladies! I know I am.
Hi there! I'm very excited to be here at the lovely Tiffany's blog today.  I love following Tiffany's career path and seeing her work and her style develop. No doubt this talented and adorable lady will have clients waiting in line!
Actually, we're stretching the definition of "furniture" today, because my favorite piece is my bed.  And it's a stretch because my bed is basically a big chinoiserie screen mounted to the wall behind my bed frame and mattress. Like this:
  The screen was a very lucky find I discovered at a local resale shop.  I spied it one afternoon and couldn't stop thinking about it the entire night  so I went back the next day to make the purchase.
 The screen was really the jumping off point for the entire room. Obviously I love to use Chinoiserie and my bedroom really pushes the envelope.  I also knew that with the screen being such a big and dramatic element in the room, that everything else in the room should play a supporting role.
And I think Ellie approves:
And that's my favorite piece of furniture!  If you'd like to see more of my bed and bedroom, you can click here.
Thanks again for inviting me over, Tiffany!!
___________________________________________________
Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous piece with all of us Kim! I'm terrible at making a bed look so nicely made...I need your secrets!

On another note, I'm very excited to announce that I'm a new style contributor over at Simply Baby's blog party taking place each Friday over the next six weeks. I know I don't have a babe (nor plan to for awhile) but I sure do love designing nurseries! Click on the image below to head on over the the party to see my blog friend Beth of Design Post Daily, who is getting the party started today! The theme of the shindig: Matchy-matchy or mixy-matchy nurseries. Mine will be next Friday!
These are the other talented bloggers involved:
 Elizatbeth of The Little Black Door
Heather of Vivid Hue Home
Cindi and Emily of Scrappy Love
Katherine of Rhymes with Smile
Kelley of Forever's Like a Dream
Photobucket

18 comments:

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...[Reply]

Beautiful! And I'm loving the bedding -- makes me want to rush to West Elm to get that chevron duvet.

Have a great weekend!
Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Linda {Calling it Home} said...[Reply]

Kim has the most amazing eye. I love that room. Looking forward to seeing how you design a nursery.

Sadie + Stella said...[Reply]

Wow! Blown away! Off to check out Kim!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...[Reply]

I love Kim's style as always! Thanks for the mention, can't wait to see your future nursery plans!

Unknown said...[Reply]

Tiffany! Thanks so much for having me over today!!! I cannot wait to see what you cook up on the nursery front!!!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Kristen said...[Reply]

Such a great statement piece! LOVE the way it looks styled behind her bed. Fabulous room.

Unknown said...[Reply]

Congratulations Tiffany! So excited to see ypur nursery design! Love all of Kim'swork-she's a doll.
Have a great weekend.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...[Reply]

Nurseries are the best-they are such happy magical places! So much fun to design!!
I know this is off topic I'm suppose to be looking at the screen but I love the duvet! I need to find out where she got it!

Unknown said...[Reply]

I love the screen, what a pretty focal point to have in the room. Gorgeous! :)

Hannah said...[Reply]

That bedroom is so glam! I'm obsessed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...[Reply]

Love the unique look!

Anonymous said...[Reply]

This is gorgeous. Such a beautiful statement piece and a well crafted room. Thank you for sharing!

jackie jade said...[Reply]

that screen is an amazing find! love this bedroom - amazing!
-- jackiejade.blogspot.com

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...[Reply]

love this bedroom!!!!! so happy to be joining you in the nursery blog party!

DCG stores said...[Reply]

Great Furnishings and fantastic interior designing. Thanks to the people behind this.

Debbiensync said...[Reply]

Hi, so impressed to see so much up online here since I last visited~
The bedroom is a unique style. Simply put: it is beautiful, including the use of color and even design basics, as well as individual taste. It is a great example of your designing, and favorites. Best always!

Unknown said...[Reply]

I love her lamps!

Home Stars said...[Reply]

Beautiful.love this bedroom.
Furniture Parker
Mattress Stores Denver
Oversized Bean Bag Bed