PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.03.2013

Dreaming of a Lake House

Growing up, my family often rented a cottage on the lake. Nothing beats the feeling of cottaging.
I love everything it entails: the great outdoors, campfires, boating, canoeing, jumping off the dock, and even fishing.
Yes, this girly girl loves fishing. I even bait my own hook. But I'm more of a catch and release kind of girl.

A question I always ask when I'm getting to know someone is: Would you rather own a lake house or an ocean front property? I heard some one ask this on a tv show once and I found it intriguing.
 For me, it's Lake House all the way.
It's always been a dream of mine to have a family cottage when I'm older. A place where my parents, brothers, and the families we create can all get together to relax and kick back. Now that the weather is getting nice I can't stop thinking about escaping to a pretty retreat like these:
via
via Style at Home
via Pinterest
Tell me, would you rather have a lake house or a beach front property?

And don't forget to head on over to the third installment of the baby blog party! Today's hosts are Cindi and Emily of ScrappyLoveBlog. Show them, and the other party animals some love by clicking the link below!
Photobucket

13 comments:

Unknown said...[Reply]

A lake house? YES PLEASE. looks dreamy.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Hannah said...[Reply]

Gosh that's tough. I think I'd be thrilled to have a house ANYWHERE on water. Lake houses definitely have a more cozy vibe.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

srldesign said...[Reply]

I'm a California girl all the way...beach house for me please! I can't get enough of the salty air and crashing waves. Divine :)

Anonymous said...[Reply]

lake house - all my favorite memories are at my gram's house on mendota.

can't wait for nice weather

Unknown said...[Reply]

I am 100% a lake house gal! My family built one when I was little and it is my favorite place to be in the summer! If you are ever in CT, you should come visit :)

jackie jade said...[Reply]

i would take either! but i'm actually more of a pool girl, so whichever house that has a pool! have a lovely weekend tiffany!
-- jackiejade.blogspot.com

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...[Reply]

you know, just until a few years ago, I would have said beach house...but now I'm a lake house girl all the way! Love that question! Hey, I have another random question...what program do you use to create your inspiration boards (e.g., your nursery board? usually I use olioboard or picasa but I'm looking for something new...) heather

Brooke said...[Reply]

I grew up at a 'lake house,' and now I live near the beach. You can't beat the beach weather, but I'd definitely take a lake house over a beach house...funny how that works...but it's just so much more "American," don't you think?! I have so many amazing memories of my childhood, as I'm sure you do as well.

xo,
Brooke
www.decorgreat.blogspot.com

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...[Reply]

I'm totally an ocean girl. I think I could do a big lake but my heart will alway be at the ocean. A couple of years ago my mom said we were going to go to michigan's lakes for vacation instead of the beach house we've been going to for 17 years and I about died. Thankfully she changed her mind and I got my precious beach. it's probably the best place for me to relax, the sights the smells the sounds. Oh man! now I want to go to the beach!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...[Reply]

Actually I don't care :) I'll take both! We go to the beach and to Smith Mountain Lake every year and love it. I will probably never have any water front home but I'm not picky LOL.
Love both vacations.

Patty Rumaker said...[Reply]

I love the water, any water. After looking at this pictures I want to go to the lake right now.

Unknown said...[Reply]

Tiffany, it' s a secret dream of mine to decorate a lake house. If you ever get one, I'm happy for a little vacay to help you with it. ;) xoxo, G

Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...[Reply]

The last photo reminds me of that movie: The Lake House.

I think I would choose lake house also. My parents have a house at the lake, but its not on the water. I wish it was! I do love the ocean as well, but there's something so calming about a lake house, in the woods, with little to no sound other than nature.

www.showeredwithdesign.blogspot.com