PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.22.2012

Concrete Jungle Where Dreams are Made

One day soon, I will make it to New York. I'm so jealous that my boyfriend is heading there TOMORROW for a father-son bonding trip with his dear ol' dad...(umm..where was my invite? I'm fine just wandering around all the shops while you two do your boy things, promise!). In all seriousness though I know it'll be a wonderful trip for them, and I've decided to dedicate today's post to a little NYC lovin' in decor.


via
^ How about this lovely New York poster, here featured three different ways in the home of Sofia from Mokkasin. The poster is the 2010 Guide to Manhattan by David Ehrenstråhle and it is, unfortunately, sold out. That crazy bf of mine is a lot obsessed with maps, and with New York, so this would be the perfect piece of art for him.

 via
^^ Next, I adore this gallery wall in Jackie of York Avenue's tiny studio apartment featuring two New York inspired artworks! I especially love the watercolor skyline!
Get the Manhattan word map HERE
and the Skyline HERE.

via
^^^ I've posted about the amazing work of Henry Hargreaves before.
Here he creates the NYC subway map out of ribbon...this could be an easy DIY in marker though...hmmm.

I recently saw a gorgeous vintage New Yorker poster with artwork by George Steiner at the local antique shop of this cover blown up extra large:

 It was $90 and have never read the New Yorker, so I passed it up, but now I'm rethinking. Could be a fabulous addition, and a way to keep the city close to my heart until I get my own chance to visit!
Have you ever been to New York?!
Photobucket 
ps. Now that the new blog design is up an running, I'm hoping to resume Furniture Favourite Fridays next week. E-mail me at tiffanyleighinteriordesign@gmail.com if you're interested in participating in the series!

9 comments:

Unknown said...[Reply]

Loving this gallery wall!

Live-Style20 said...[Reply]

wow ;-))

www.live-style20.blogspot.com

charmaine said...[Reply]

Love the ribbon subway map!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...[Reply]

I have never been to the Big Apple and have always dreamed of going during the holiday season. I hope to do that in the next few years!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Vicky said...[Reply]

I went to NYC about 5 years ago for a business competition and had a blast! Times Square at night is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. I want to go back so bad! Maybe it will happen sometime in the next 3 years? It is definitely a must visit, so hopefully you'll get a chance to go soon!

Olya said...[Reply]

very inspirational post!
xoxo, Olya

www.theate-olya.blogspot.com

Barbara Matson said...[Reply]

I used to live in the suburbs of Washington DC, and NYC was a quick train ride - I miss visiting that city!

Love your new blog design, tres chic!

Kelsey Elizabeth said...[Reply]

I've never been to NYC but I go to school up north, definitely want to make a trip out of it before I leave.
Your blog design is fabulous :)

Jackie said...[Reply]

I LOVE that first picture! It's actually a good thing that print is sold out otherwise I would be forced to buy it, and obvi I am already bursting at the seams with NYC artwork :)