PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.05.2012

Red

Last night, my boyfriend surprised me with Taylor Swift's new cd 'Red'.
It's the little things like this that remind me how blessed I am to have him in my life!
In honour of the album's title, I thought I would explore a color I'm actually terrified of...red. Not red per se, but red in interior spaces. I'm not sure from where this fear stems..but I may have found the cure...

Enter Jenny Komenda of Little Green Notebook, one decorator who knows how to use red in an interior flawlessly.
I've seen her advocate in more than one post about using a little bit of red in every room.
via LGN

via LGN
via LGN
via LGN
via LGN
 I think her trick is the type of red she chooses : tomato-y
When I was a little girl I always said my dining room would be red one day.
Was I fearless or what? Time to get back a bit of that edge.
Also, today I'm over at Brittany's blog Classically B sharing some of my favourites of the moment.
She's pretty amazing and has a textile line coming soon.
Check out my guest post HERE!
Happy Monday sweet loves! xo
Photobucket

14 comments:

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...[Reply]

Great photos. Loving #4.

Xo-L
simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

The Peak of Tres Chic said...[Reply]

I drooled over every photo.... I never think to use red, but after seeing these pictures, it truly makes a punch.

Cotton said...[Reply]

red is really a timeless accent color--I love it!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...[Reply]

A POP of red always works! It's fun!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...[Reply]

I agree, if you're going to do red, go tomato red! And I haven't heard the new CD yet, just the cuts they've released to radio. Happy Monday Tiffany!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

I love myself some red, always have. My foyer is red actually. YOu can do it!! :)

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...[Reply]

These pictures are gorgeous! I swear, I love everything that Jenny does, she knows how to use color so well!

Kristen said...[Reply]

Agreed! Red is just scary. I feel like you have to be an expert to use it, otherwise it looks tacky tacky. Headed over to check out your guest post now!

Anonymous said...[Reply]

I'm not the biggest fan of Taylor Swift - but I am in love with LGN! Jenny's work is impeccable and adore everything she does (with the red too!). Hope you have a great week, Tiffany!

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...[Reply]

I have a bit of a fear of red too - I think it's because pink is so big right now and it can be hard to use them together! Love that red lacquer chest :)

Taylor Morgan said...[Reply]

love Jenny's blog! She is so sweet, she use to go to my church here in NYC before she moved to Brooklyn. Love red accents too!

love from NYC,

Taylor

taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

Chunky Chain Bracelets, Free Shipping

allergic to vanilla said...[Reply]

Ever since I saw Big on SATC paint one wall red, I've wanted to try the accent wall thing. Those first few pics are phenomenal.

xo Carlina
AllergicToVanilla.com

p.s come check out my giveaway!

LiveLaughDecorate said...[Reply]

yes, red is no easy color but it can be amazing if done right. That red vanity for example is to die for. off now to go check out your guest post and that red-inspired blogger. High five to the BF as well for such a simple yet smart gift.

Barbara Matson said...[Reply]

I ADORE red! Fabulous post! And yes, Jenny does use red and it looks fabulous!