PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.28.2012

Feeling Blessed in the City

Yesterday, I ventured downtown via subway to check out the Art Gallery of Ontario with two of my classmates. We have an architectural analysis project in which we are required to visit a building in the city, experience it, sketch it, and photograph it. We chose the AGO for its stunning addition by Toronto-born architect Frank Gehry.
The Galleria Italia was most impressive:
If you guys are ever in the Toronto area, I highly recommend it! It's so exciting to have such a vibrant and creative community at my doorstep.
How lucky am I that one member of my group is an amazingly talented professional photographer?

Also, how lucky am I that the same classmate made the amazing gesture of an early Christmas present?:
Such a nice, sweet surprise. I am so grateful to have a friend like him in the big city where I'm away from my family and it's easy to occasionally feel alienated.

Lastly, how lucky am I that I found a permanent part time job here already?!
The past few weeks I've just been doing some 'temp' positions.
 But now, I will be working at a 'big box' store as a flooring and decor sales associate.
Supporting myself throughout my education has always been a commitment of mine. I made it through one degree debt free with my own hard work. Here's hoping I can do it again!

The answer to my questions, SUPER lucky. I am so happy that God is blessing my life in so many little ways recently.
How have you been blessed lately?
Photobucket

9 comments:

Kristen said...[Reply]

Congrats on your new job! So lucky, dying to get my hands on a copy of Kelly's book! I've been blessed with our new home, and an amazing husband!

allergic to vanilla said...[Reply]

SO happy for you, hun! This is a blessing, best of luck with it.

xo Carlina
AllergicToVanilla.com

Linda {Calling it Home} said...[Reply]

That is great news. It is also really impressive that you are managing working and school so well. I hope my daughter is just like you when she is goes out into the world.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...[Reply]

Congratulations on that job!! Wonderful news and you are one smart and very talented young woman!! You have a wonderful approach and refreshing to hear that you are looking forward to contributing to your education!!!

charmaine said...[Reply]

Congratulations! So happy for you.

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...[Reply]

Wow Tiff! That's amazing news!!! Congrats girl! You deserve it!

xx

Holly Foxen Wells

GlamourMash

LiveLaughDecorate said...[Reply]

yay! That looked like a fun trip. And what a great friend? That gift was amazing. Kudos too on the new job. I did my undergrad with zero debt and so know how great it would be to finish this degree without the added burden. Congrats lady and thanks always for all the blog support.

Jessica said...[Reply]

Congrats on your new job and much respect for supporting yourself while getting your second degree!

And what an awesome gift from your classmate!

xo Jessica

Albertina || Mimosa Lane said...[Reply]

This is wonderful news Tiffany!! Congratulations. You are a wonderful example!