PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.14.2012

Favourite Furniture Fridays: Mimosa Lane

I'm so happy to be here this morning!  I'm Albertina from Mimosa Lane and I am thrilled and honored to be guest posting here at Tiffany's lovely blog, that is a daily must read for me, in her Favorite Furniture Friday series.  I chose to share with you this special piece of furniture- a bench.  But not just any bench, an antique church bench!
 It used to be my parents' until I inherited it.  This antique church bench is perhaps from the Spanish colonial period.  The wood is incredible.  I can't believe it has withstood the test of time in such great condition.  I love its length and it definitely adds a lot of interest to the room.
 I have the first fish I ever caught, which happened to be at camp, mounted above it (such a conversation starter) as well as an Allison V. Smith photograph and a piece by Patricio Reig. I love art, can't you tell?  I enjoyed decorating around this bench where I counterbalanced the art on the wall with some decorations that sit on the bench.
 Sometimes I imagine the different people who might have sat at this bench and wonder what they had been praying for.  If the bench could talk I bet it would have so many amazing stories to tell!

Thank you Tiffany for having me today.  It was so much fun to have the opportunity to showcase a favorite piece like this.  xx, Albertina
Albertina I just love this bench! It has such an incredible sense of history. And by the way, isn't fishing fun? Thanks for sharing!
xo
 
Photobucket

9 comments:

Albertina || MimosaLane said...[Reply]

Thanks for having me Tiffany!! I love this series and this was fun to put together!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...[Reply]

That piece is beautiful - looks antique and modern at the same time - and the styling is just perfect!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...[Reply]

Oh my gosh, I have SERIOUS bench envy. This is just gorgeous!! and I'm absolutely crazy about how you styled it. Going to check out your blog!!

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...[Reply]

What an awesome bench! You are so lucky to have it and it looks so stylish with your accessories!

Kristen said...[Reply]

LOVE this bench. Seriously to die for. So exciting seeing two of my favorite bloggers together! Great series Tiffany, def one I look forward to.

avs said...[Reply]

So great to see BOB in a happy home. Just curious... where did you purchase it? All the best from Texas, Allison

avs said...[Reply]

So great to see BOB in a happy home. Just curious... where did you purchase it? All the best from Texas, Allison

Dana McDowell said...[Reply]

That mounted fish is killing me!!!!! Love this post!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

What a beautiful piece!