PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.26.2012

Wednesday's Sketchbook: Dog Art

via Design Manifest and Courtney Apple Photography
 Please don't hate me, but I'm definitely more of a cat person. This is half out of loyalty to my beloved cat, Smokey, and half out of my fear of big dogs and the fact that their noses often find, you know, le crotch.
That being said, I'm absolutely in love with my bf's golden retriever Molson.
 Annnnd me and the man sometimes discuss getting a puppy together in the future. We both want a Boston Terrier ever since seeing the adorable one chilling on the boat in an episode of Swamp people. Seriously guys I can't make this stuff up.
 ^Here he is with his swampy owner.

We've even got the name of our imaginary future pup picked out...but I'll never tell!
Anyways, for now I've painted up a little Boston to keep me company...don't tell Smokey.

If and when we eventually get the real little brute, I will def pull a Naomi of Design Manifest and blow up large pictures of my handsome pet to frame like art. Is it just me, or do dogs look more sophisticated as an art subject than a cat would?
via Design Manifest and Courtney Apple Photography
  Her little pug is the perfect model! I think the key is the black and white photography.
Are you a cat or a dog person?
Photobucket

11 comments:

Laura Dro said...[Reply]

Awww...so cute! I love dog artwork! I am a dog person all the way...love my Tilly girl:) She's a schnauzer mix and has the cutest personality. Boston terriers are wonderful dogs my BFF has one and he is such a sweetie! You must go get one, you won't regret it!

Best!

Laura

Emily | Recently said...[Reply]

We're dog people, but only because we're allergic to cats. I get along with both :). What a sweet little drawing!

Kristen said...[Reply]

AWWWW love love love this post! I have such a pretty portrait of my Lola when she was younger. Once we move into our house I think she deserves a more current one with her pink do.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

So cute! I took a pic of my dog (beagle) when she was a puppy and it was used in a dog calendar. We still have the picture up. Love puppy art :)

Kim@Chattafabulous said...[Reply]

Definitely a dog person. I have clients who have the most adorable Boston terrier. She always makes my day!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Love it! You're so talented!

Albertina || MimosaLane said...[Reply]

dog person for sure....but am learning to appreciate cats lately. I love your rendering....cute as can be!

Unknown said...[Reply]

Naomi is all class, all the time.

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...[Reply]

I have to admit I am a dog person, mainly because I am allergic to cats and was raised with dogs. I wish I could cuddle one... cats are so floofy and cute! My main squeeze right now is a silky terrier mutt mix and he is the cutest darned thing on the planet! Tiffany, your watercolor is so cute!

Holly Foxen Wells
http://www.glamourmash.com

ADI said...[Reply]

That last photo of living room was just stunning. It's perfect!

ADI said...[Reply]

That last photo of living room was just stunning. It's perfect!