PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.27.2012

Metallic Hide Rugs

I know I'm a bit late on this post, but I haven't been able to get Catherine Sheppard's home out of my head since I saw it on The Glitter Guide back in June.
More specifically, I'm still drooling over her metallic cowhide rug, I mean, how good!
via the glitter guide
via the glitter guide
Then yesterday, I was on Rug USA's website (because I feel the perfect rug for  my living room space would be a faux zebra hide) and I came across this metallic beauty:

I just love it! It's currently half off and an excellent price at $335, but sadly still out of my lowly student budget.
They also offer this one, with silver metallic detailing. It's so subtle and glittery!

Cowhides are probably my all time fave kind of rug (although my guy doesn't like them...he's cray but I MUST convince him by the time we get a place together), and I'm now lusting over these glammed up options!
xo
Photobucket

19 comments:

emily fitzgerald {once in a blue room} said...[Reply]

ohmigosh, i don't know how i missed this on gg, but that rug is AMAZING! thanks for sharing!

charmaine said...[Reply]

Very nice! I like the subtle version of the zebra!

srldesign said...[Reply]

Gorgeous! I love the mix of glamour and nature...good pics :)

Applewood Road said...[Reply]

Love the metallic twist on the old classic! Silly men, gold and animal print is always a yes! ;)

Anonymous said...[Reply]

I'm totally in love!! I think you should splurge & just do it!! Then just cut back out some eating out/shopping for a while :)

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...[Reply]

It total and utter agreeance with you on the sparkly cowhides. I've seen them before just by themselves but never in a home. They look amazing! $335 is cheap for a rug like that... but, yes. Still to expensive for me too Tiff! Off to buy lottery tickets!

xx
Holly Foxen Wells
GlamourMash

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...[Reply]

The metallic is YOU.
I love my black with some white cowhides that are from Spain. Love them.

Michelle @ Sweetsuite10 said...[Reply]

Now I want a glittery cowhide rug. Too bad I have nowhere to put it :(

Brittany said...[Reply]

I have always loved cowhide rugs but after seeing all these pretties I am definitely going to have to get a metallic one for my next place!

Kristen said...[Reply]

OMG love love loving the metallics on these rugs! LOVE the look, but only if I know they are faux. I like animals too much.

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...[Reply]

I have a major soft spot for cowhide too - but I do sometimes freak out that I may offend someone with my animal-killing ways!! P.S I'm new to your blog and loving it!

nancy @ adore to adorn said...[Reply]

It's such a cool take for an area rug! I love it's modernized effect!
xo,
nancy

Sita said...[Reply]

I die for the metallic hid rugs! I want one! Seriously, Tiffany...you must get one, then I can live vicariously through you! :)

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...[Reply]

I've seen the spotted silver one on Rugs USA but not the one with the zebra stripes...Love them both!!! You've got me feeling like I need one now!!!

Breakfast at Cindis said...[Reply]

In love with your blog, you have great taste in decor : )

xo,
Cindi
Breakfast at Cindi’s

LiveLaughDecorate said...[Reply]

metallic hide? smashing. Keep checking in to see if it gets marked down even more. That is a piece worth getting.

Rugjunction said...[Reply]

Pretty Good Post, I just bookmrked your blog and wanted to say that I have really envyed reading your blog posts. Mettalic Cow Hide Rugs are very beautiful...

Unknown said...[Reply]

Nice work and great style of presenting information about the Alpaca rugs it's good work

klotylda said...[Reply]

I love the way the cow skin compliments that white interior, looks fabulous! I might ask one of my favourite interior designers aberdeen to get something similar for me.
Cheers!