PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.13.2012

Pillows for Brown Couches

Is it just me, or do a lot of people seem to have brown couches?
I think that for some the first instinct is to partner brown with more neutral earthy tones: beiges, taupes, tans, creams, etc.
BUT some of the best inspiration I've seen of brown couches feature bold florals in bright colours. Paired with geometrics it really makes the perfect combination.

First fabric up is Schumaker's Hot House in Spark:
via 6th Street Design School
Pillow 1 / Pillow 2

Next is the Chiang Mai Dragon Fabric:
via The Hunted Interior
Pillow 1 / Pillow 2

All pillows I've sourced here are from AriannaBelle's gorgeous Etsy shop!
So don't shy away from bold patterns and colours for you brown couch, or it might start to feel a bit too basic!
Be fun and be you!
xo
 Photobucket

13 comments:

LiveLaughDecorate said...[Reply]

Love the pillows. Great mix. But equally in love with those black and white curtains. Where from? p.s. I nominated you for a Liebster award in today's post. Can't wait to hear your answers!

Live-Style20 said...[Reply]

pretty :))

www.live-style20.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...[Reply]

I'm such a pillow lover... although our couch is beige :)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...[Reply]

Brown, especially brown leather, sofas are in the majority of homes in my area. These pillows really give them life! Great way to treat the safe brown!

charmaine said...[Reply]

Yup, I have a brown couch under my white slipcover. Love the pillows!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...[Reply]

You are so right! Brown needs to be punched up with more vibrant color - I love the Chiang Mai in alabaster against the brown!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

The Golden Girls said...[Reply]

gorgeous space and lovely palate choice! Hugs from California! xx,
The Golden Girls

ali v. said...[Reply]

fantastic inspiration! I love the mix of patterns + fabrics. it's perfect :) xoxo {av}

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

Does linen count as brown? :) I'm all about pattern pillows too. Don't you love Arianna's stuff?!

Kristen said...[Reply]

Nice. I do have a brown leather chesterfield for my formal and I love mixing different colors in. Its a great canvas for endless options.

Virginie said...[Reply]
This comment has been removed by the author.
jackie jade said...[Reply]

The chiang mai pillows are so pretty!

Arianna Belle said...[Reply]

Tiffany thank you so much for the mention!

xo,

Arianna