PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.06.2012

Favourite Furniture Fridays: Hodge Podge by Markova Design

 Today's guest blogger is the talented (and Canadian) Barbara from
Hodge Podge by Markova Design
!
It's exciting to be visiting Tiffany's blog today sharing one of my favourite pieces of furniture in my home. 
Last year after we switched the kids' bedrooms around, our middle child, J, who is now a 16 year old blonde eyed beauty, moved into a bright and sunny room. It is one of my favourite rooms in the house, as I have stepped out of my comfort zone and embraced colours I normally don't use in my house. We have been using her room as a design lab and are thrilled with the results.
The first pop of colour was on this amazing night table, that had seen better days, I found on Craigslist for only $25! 
It had a sad 70's laquer top that was quite scuffed. After a good sanding, some primer and a fresh coat of  Spectra Blue, 2049-50,  by Benjamin Moore, it looks amazing against the dark brown and cream stripes of J's walls.
I decided the leave the original hardware as-is, as I loved the patina and style.
So if you are ever feeling daring and adventurous with colour, try it on small pieces for great visual impact! Thanks again for having me visit Tiffany. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
XO Barbara
Thank you so much for sharing Barbara, such an amazing transformation! Your daughter is a lucky girl to have such a gorgeous bedroom (and talented mama). Be sure to check out her blog!
 

Photobucket

16 comments:

Linda said...[Reply]

Love Barbara's blog. The end table looks fabulous.

Anonymous said...[Reply]

oh my wow what a beautiful piece and gorgeous transformation. that room is amaaziiingg! love everything!

Barbara Matson said...[Reply]

Thanks for having me here Tiffany! Now if only I could find a cool piece of furniture to house her pet snake - then all will be well!

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...[Reply]

I am loving this piece and the decor of the rest of the bedside area is beautiful! Great guest post!

Have a great weekend, beautiful!

xx
holly foxen wells
www.ThreeLayerCake.blogspot.com

Carol@TheDesignPages said...[Reply]

I still adore that night stand. The colour is so vibrant. Glad to be introduced to you Tiffany!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

What a great color! And I love it with the black and white walls. Perfecto!

Unknown said...[Reply]

This is a fab makeover and the colour is perfect. Love Barbara's projects!

STARDUST said...[Reply]

I love it! In fact I love the whole bedroom feel and look!

Tracey Ayton Photography said...[Reply]

I love Barbara ..... she's the bomb!!! The combination of the detail of the night stand and the color is so perfect. Have a good weekend and thanks for the intro!!

Chelsea **A Bit of Sass** said...[Reply]

I love the color of that nightstand! Especially mixed against the black and white stripes.
xo,
www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

Sienna said...[Reply]

i really want that blue night stand

Anonymous said...[Reply]

loooove this night stand! great job.

Nicole Scott said...[Reply]

I love a good refresh of an old piece. Great choice it turned out beautiful!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...[Reply]

That is one heck of a transformation!

Chrystina said...[Reply]

I just did the same thing!! This is a much fancier piece though - and I really love the details, and the original hardware!

jade said...[Reply]

I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information. posh home