PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.05.2012

THIS.DESK.

I am currently drooling over this desk from IKEA. It has my mind rolling with so many ideas.

The description says "A long table top makes it easy to create a workspace for two", but I thought, what about a space for ONE to do both work and beauty? It would cut down the need for two pieces of furniture in a smaller, studio style space. The high gloss white and slim leg design would make it visually light and airy.
Let me show you what I mean with a quick sketch (maybe this makes up for the lack of doodle yesterday):
A venetian mirror over one side, with a jar of makeup brushes and a tray of lipsticks.
A fabric covered inspiration board over the other side, with laptop and office supplies!
You could even mix up the seating for extra fun.
I've always wanted an extra long desk
like this:
via
 Or this:
via
 Or this:
via
Is there room for this in my student rental come October? Well, No...
Is that going to stop me? Let's just say I love a good design challenge so we will see!
xo
Photobucket 
ps. Only a few more days to enter to win my earrings giveaway! Get in on it while you still can ;)

11 comments:

Katharine said...[Reply]

What a good idea! Every girl deserves a vanity and a workspace. I hope you're able to make room for it at the new place!

Anonymous said...[Reply]

I think that's a wonderful idea!! Definitely a space saver if you were planning on having two different areas for office-ing and beautifying ;) I say go for it! Only bummer about IKEA is that you have to put it together yourself - yuck!

Unknown said...[Reply]

I love your vanity/desk idea and all your Wednesday doodles Tiffany!
Congrats on 100 followers, I just joined!
Nancy
PowellbrowerHome.com

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

I love your drawings always - they make me smile. And the desk - a must!

Natalie said...[Reply]

I've had my eye on the same desk and I love, love your idea! If only I had the space -- some day!

Megan@TwoDelighted said...[Reply]

I love the idea of a long desk like this. It seems to make a room feel bigger and less cluttered. Funny how that is! Love your sketch!

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...[Reply]

That desk is fabulous, I love your idea of combining a vanity and a work space, brilliant! Your drawing is great!

Adding the finishing touch said...[Reply]

That's a fabulous desk & I love your ideas!!

Kris said...[Reply]

Genius idea! I am in need of a vanity AND a desk and I had no clue how to combine them.

sissysclosetxo.blogspot.com

ash said...[Reply]

Stumbled across this blog tryna search for deas for a vanity and desk using Ikea items...thank you! I know exactly what I want now. Brilliant idea!

James E Lutz said...[Reply]

Essentially wish to say the article is astounding. The clarity in this post is simply fantastic.
office furniture ft lauderdale