PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.31.2012

Steal the Look: Animal Print Pillows

Animal print is so in right now, and some people really know how to use it.
My jaw literally dropped when I saw this image last week:
via Pawleys Island Posh
Gorgeous Right? But a leopard chair might not be for everyone (even though it should be...).
A great alternative would be to get a leopard print pillow, which is less of a commitment and definitely more affordable.
via Etsy
These bolster pillows have a similar toned print to the upholstered chair, which is more subtle than the traditional bold gold and black. It reads as a neutral. Why not reverse the image above and throw these on a coral chair! (Wait...what do you mean the hubby wouldn't approve of a coral chair either!?).

via Gary Riggs
I just adore this room by Gary Riggs. The combination of teal and purple and gold is rich and jewel-y. The most unexpected thing in this room for me is the zebra striped pillow, which adds a hit of darkness and bold pattern to a more traditional space.
via Etsy
This lumbar pillow has the same chunky stripe as the room above! Love that.

Are you a fan of animal print?
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply]

I LOVE animal print. I wish I could dedicate an entire room in my home to it!

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...[Reply]

Oh my goodness I am in love with that first chair! It's so pretty!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...[Reply]

Gary Riggs' room is to die for. The use of his colors is so fresh!! I also adore the trick to reverse fabrics. Think the leopard reversed would be striking....

-Courtney Lane- {blog} said...[Reply]

That zebra one pillow is suuuch a beauty!! PS: When do you start school?!? :)

Anonymous said...[Reply]

I think I'm in love!!!!!

Unknown said...[Reply]

i love this inspiration, it's always great to add a nice and fun touch to the ordinaries of furniture xoxo
would you like to follow each other?
A
xx
epiquemoi.blogspot.com