PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.18.2012

Wednesday's Sketchbook: The Wishbone Chair

I saw this image on A Newfound Treasure a few weeks ago, and can't seem to get it out of my head! I love the painting, and don't even get me started on that pretty gold wishbone!
Get your own HERE.
 These wishbones got me thinking about another home decor item that I simply can't resist:
Hans J. Wegner's iconic wishbone chair (I gave a brief history in this post).
 So I doodled one up on a scrap of paper for y'all. 
It just struck me....I totally should have drawn this baby up in GOLD. How amazing would a gold leafed wishbone chair be?! Just tried googling it but didn't find one! I can imagine it though, and oh how good it is.
Photobucket 
ps. As I write up this post I've been listening to songs from Les Mis. I'm a huge musical fan and am getting pretty pumped for the movie! Anyone else?

6 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...[Reply]

LES MIS...OMG I can't wait. It is my all time favorite. Can listen and listen...it's magical! December can't come fast enough...The trailer alone is amazing.
Now the chair....I want it in GOLD. What a great chair that would be!
Patty

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...[Reply]

Hey you're really good at drawing! I love that chair, and yes it'd be FAB in gold!! I'm so wanting that pretty gold wishbone from the first pic now!

Jessica said...[Reply]

love your illustration and this just reminded me I need to go buy one of those wishbones from Jayson Home...

The Aestate

Anonymous said...[Reply]

LOVE that piece of art &&& the gold wishbone!! I may just have to get one of those babies! and as always, you know you're work is marvelous!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

So cute. Love the chair!

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Great minds think alike. I've been eyeing off that painting as well and have a special spot in my decorating heart for the wishbone chair! xx

Anna (My Design Ethos)